[APD] Algea bubbles

When I have the CO2 and nutrient-levels on target I notice extreme
bubbling from algae attached to my driftwood near the light down to a
very special depth where the bubbling radically declines in intensity.

But now the bubbling has stopped and the algae amount has
declined and/or turned whitish. Some bubbling still occour after
the the threshold depth, see movies.

What's this about? Why the threshold, and why have it all of
a sudden stopped bubbling and turned somewhat white?

Have I "overdriven" the algea above the threshold?

http://194.236.255.117/defblog/pictureAction.do?method=view&id=1384

WMF format 745 kb:
http://194.236.255.117/akvarienet/boardfiles/esktopalgae2file30.avi
RealVideo format 496 kb: