RE: [APD] This is a fish question

 Casey Young
Subject: [APD] This is a fish question

I have been thinking about getting one of those little blackish fish that
you always see sucking on the side of aquariums. Do they actually clean the
tank/water? Do they require a filtered tank? Anything else I should know?

if they are small you may be thinking of the Otocinclus , a fantastic little
algae eater. They are not as hardy as other larger sucker mouth type fish
and require clear water with good filtration. They also prefer soft water.

Rick