[APD] CO2 and water changes

I have just installed a pressurized CO2 system to my tank(120 g. tank with tidepool w/d filter and discus).My water has a pH of 7.8 when the KH is 3.My goal is to end up at a pH of  6.8  with a CO2 level of 15.What I have read is that it's dangerous to drop the pH too rapidly and my scenario should take several days, which is fine.But what about my weekly 50% water changes?The fish would be in an almost constant state of acclimation.Any ideas?

-Mark