[APD] Re:mantis shrimp

* From: piaba <piabinha at yahoo_com>
I missed the beginning of this thread. are we talking
about freshwater mantis shrimp???? i only know of
saltwater ones.

tsuh yang

It started with someone asking about a "water mantis". I thought he was talking about a mantis shrimp, but others thought that it was an elongated aquatic bug (Order Hemiptera) that has raptoral front legs like those of a praying mantis. This bug is usually known as a water scorpion.
--
Paul Krombholz in windy central Mississippi