[APD] A (very) high K+ tank with Ammannia

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2001.cgi?&op=showcase&category=0&vol=2
> &id=18
>
> That is fat Ammannia, when it gets dime thick stems, then it's a weed.
> Hope this shows my contention a bit more and shows that folks are not
> correct about the high K+ causing stunting. I did not go this high, but I
> have had similar success with these plants and the other's folks have
> suggested this problem is causing with their plants.
>
> I'd like to know what is causing the issues, but I know it's not K+. I am
> almost finished with the Ammannia test at 40ppm K+ and things look dandy
at
> almost week 2.
> Ca++ is at 35ppm. I'd suggest reviewing the Mg dosage, adding more traces,
> NO3.
> If the NO3 drops too low, this will cause classic stunting with these
> plants also.
>
> Regards,
> Tom Barr

Ok Tom understood. I,m requesting informatión here (is a Spanish forum)

http://www.acuariofilia.net/acuaforo/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13336

It hapenned to several people, and with a diferent plants. I will try to
know why it happens.

Plants that sufered distorting grow . We ( maybe errousosly maybe not),
related this kind of growing to K dossage. I must say not all of these
details belongs to my tanks

Alternantera Reineckii
Hygrophila corymbosa
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala macradra
Echinodorus bleheri
Eusterallis Estellata
Vallismneria gigantea

At the same time on my tanks NEVER had the same simptoms at the same moment

Glossostigma
Cryptocoryne albiada
C. pontederifolia
C cordata
C. parva
Eichhornia azurea
Vesicularia
Ceratopteris cornuta
Rotala walichii
Ceratophyllum demersum.

I wil wait to have more details to repost

I find this matter very interesting

Regards
Antonio Trías