[APD] Re: Kiddie Pools

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:57:49 -0600
From: "Steven Pituch" <spituch at ev1_net>
Subject: [APD] Kiddie Pools
To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>

I know that most of the plastic garbage cans are not safe.

Based on what solid information, Steve?

Am I the only one here who is shocked by such statements of untrue fact?

I have used many different kinds of plastic garbage cans, over many, many years. I have never observed a problem (other than leakage from a cheap Rubbermaid) with any of them.

All true plastics usually include some plasticizers, and they do get into the water over a *very* long period of exposure. For that reason, I may favor "food grade" tanks for long-term water storage, but am not too fanatical about it.

Of course, I have been known to take a drink from the hose, too. ;-)

Wright

--
Wright Huntley -- 760 872-3995 -- Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514

"If people are basically evil, the last thing you'd want is a big
government staffed by those evil folks exercising control over you."
  -- David Bergland