A-OK= good?
B=
BGA= blue green algae
BBA= black brush algae
bpm= bubble per minute
BTW= by the way
C= Carbon
CA++=
CA=Copper?? No copper is Cu, might be California, might be Calcium
Ca= Calcium
CaCO3= Calcium carbonate
CaC12=baking soda??? - not Baking soda Calcium Chloride
CHCO3=
CLR= calcium, lime, rust
CO2= Carbon Dioxide
dc= direct current? as opposed to alternating current e.g. a form of electricity
DI=
DIN=
dKH=
DOM= Dissolved organic matter
DOC= dissolved organic compounds
DOH=
DIN=Dissolved inorganic N?
DIY= do it yourself
Eh=
EDTA= Ethylene diamine tetra acetic
FAQ= Frequently Asked Questions
FeEDDHA=
Fe= iron
FYI= for your info
FL= Florida
g= gallon
g= grams
GCFI= think this is typo andshould be GFCI which is ground fault circuit interrupter (a good thing when mixing electricity and water)
Gh= general hardness
GH= General Hardness
gph= gallons per hour
H2O= WATER
H2SO4 - Sulfuric Acid... nasty stuff
H= Hydrogen
HCL= Hydrochloric acid, also nasty stuff
HMF= hydrated magnesium sulfate= Epsom salt
HVAC= Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (e.g. in your house)
IEM=
IMHO= In my Humble Opinion another variant- IMNSHO In my not so humble opinion
IMO= In My Opinion
IS= instant start
IMHO= duplicate... in my humble opinion
KNO3= Potassium Nitrate
K+= potassium ions
K= Potassium the element
KC1= Potassium Chloride
KCL= same thing... typo L should be lower case
KC1/K2SO4 = Potassium Chloride or Potassium Sulphate my guess is they are being suggested as interchangable
K2SO4/KC1= Potassium Sulphate or Potassium Chloride
KH2PO4= Potassium Phosphate
KH=Carbonate Hardness
Kh= same thing, carbonate hardness
Kirb= thekrib.com misspelled
KS204= typo for K2SO4 Potassium Sulphate
LED= light emitting diod
LFS= LOCAL FISH STORE
LFS= local fish store
lph= liters per hour
mA= milliamps
meq=
Mn= Manganese
Mn2= two Manganese atoms hanging out together
MH= metal halide
Mg= Magnesium
NaHCO3= sodium bicarbonate (also known as baking soda)
NH2 = amine
NH3= Ammonia
NH4= Ammonium
NaH2PO4= Monobasic Sodium Phosphate
NaH2PO4H2O= Monobasic Sodium Phosphate, Monohydrate
Na2HPO4= Dibasic Sodium Phosphate
Na2HPO4H2O= Dibasic Sodium Phosphate Monohydrate
Na= Sodium (yes) =salt (no, salt is NaCl, Sodium Chloride)
Na+= positive Sodium ion
NH4/UREA= ammonium from urea or urea, depending on how used
NKO4=
NO2= Nitrite
NO3= Nitrate
NPK= macro nutients for plants Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium
NHR+=
NO4+=
N= Nitrogen element
N2= two Nitrogen molecules hanging out together
N/P= Nitrogen , Phosphorus two of the macro nutrients
O= Oxygen
O2 = two Oxygen molecules (the stable form of O)
OM= organic matter
oz= ounce
P2O5= diphosphorus pentoxide
P= Phosphorous
PC= lighting- yes power compact fluorescents
pH = 7.0 neutral, higher than 7.0 is acidic, higher than 7.0 is alkaline
ppm= PARTS PER MILLION
PCF= same as PC, power compact fluorescent
PWM=
PMDD= Poor Persons Dosing Drops thekrib.com
PO4= Phosphate
PVC= Plastic yes. polyvinylchloride... white plastic plumbing pipes
RH= relative humidity
RGB= red,green,blue (the three colors used to make white, ex. in a TV)
RO= reverse osmosis
RS= rapid start
SCWD=
SFbaaps= San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plants Society
SEBAAPS= typo for above
SO4= Sulphate
S= Sulfur
Si-O= Silicon Oxide
SW= south west
Se= Selenium
tsp= teaspoons
TMG=
UGF= undergravel filter
V= Volts
W= watts?
X= times or multiply?
YMMV= your mileage may vary
ZNS04= Zinc Sulphate (zinc should be Zn not ZN)