[APD] Sagittaria subulata (and platyphylla)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:25:39 +0100, Philippe Lemaire <ph_lemaire at compaqnet.be> wrote:

Hello,

what about this Sagittaria :

http://users.compaqnet.be/PLemaire/Sagittaire2.jpg http://users.compaqnet.be/PLemaire/SagFlower1.JPG http://users.compaqnet.be/PLemaire/SagFlower2.JPG

Shall be one of these 3 years ago :

http://users.compaqnet.be/PLemaire/Sagittaire.jpg

Left or right !?

Philippe

Right, I'm fed up researching the origins of this plant (via Google), and that plant is going in my future Amazonian tank, whether or not it is 'entirely' native to S. America, because although I have found many sites showing it to be native to N. America, I have found at least one (with a reference to Tropica) that says it comes from S. America, and it'll just look to damn good with my angels! Thank you for the pictures, I'm very grateful.
Only problem is now I've got to reduce the number of species of Sword plants somewhat (but they all look so good!!!). My current list of plants to buy is:

Large:
Alternathera Roseafolia
Hydrocotyle Leucocephala
Cabomba Piauhenyensis
Echinodorus Martii (Major)
Echindorus Osiris

Medium
Echinodorus Quadricostatus
Echinodorus uruguayensis

Foreground
Echinodorus Tenellus

Floating
Phyllanthus Fluitains
Eichhornia Crassipes (Water Hyacinth)
Limnobium Laevigatum
Ludwigia Helminthorrhiza

And now a few Sagittaria Subulata somewhere (probably the midground, planted lightly, as it is meant to represent what Angelfish swim through, which is another reasong I want this plant - even if it's not strictly accurate then it makes the overall appearance more realistic).

And this is all for a 30"x15"x18" tank...

Thanks for the pictures! :)

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.