[APD] RE: Flow Coefficient vs. flow rate

I'm not sure if I completely understand your question (as I think you need
to know some more variables) but the volumetric flow rate version of the
ANSI/ISA/IEC valve sizing equation is the following:

Cv = q /(Nt*Fp*P1*Y*sqrt(x/Gg*T1*Z))

where:
Cv=Valve sizing coefficient
q=Volume rate of flow
Nt=Numerical constant for different systems of units
Fp=Piping geometry factor
P1=Upstream absolute static pressure
Y=Expansion factor (ratio of flow coefficient for a gas to that for a liquid
at the same Reynolds Number)
x=Ratio of pressure drop to upstream absolute static pressure (deltaP/P1)
Gg=Gas specific gravity
T1=Absolute upstream temperature
Z=Compressibility factor

Email me off list to go over your question in more detail.

Regards,
Aaron in Calgary