[APD] DIY CO2 Question

Hello,

I have a 30 and 35 gallon tank and use DIY CO2. Our water out of the tap has a PH of 7.5. The PH in the 30 gallon tank is around 6.6 - 6.8. The PH in the 35 gallon tank is 7.2. The DIY set-ups are the same and I can't find any leaks. I would of thought that the 35 gallon tank would take longer to reach a PH of say 6.8 after a water change but would eventually get there. Does the extra 5 gallons make that much of a difference in a DIY system's ability to lower PH if all other conditions are equal?

Dale