[APD] 20 watt bulbs where min 25 watt go

For my 30" tank, I am probably going to get two 25W tubes, but the cheapest twin ballasts (though they are electronic) from where I shop online are the Hagen Dual Glomats. These come in 10W, 20W and 30W capacities, so when I emailed Hagen to see which ballast I needed, I got the following reply:

"Good morning, may thanks for your enquiry.
If you are using 25w bulbs then you will need a 30w ballast. Never use a
bulb the exceeds your ballast.
Kind regards
Customer Services."

Not that's particularly relevant, but it may possibly be something to bear in mind (it's the S. H.'s who know what their talking about).

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.