[APD] Amazonian biotope thingy

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:30:57 -0600, Kenneth Quinn <mosasaur47 at msn_com> wrote:

Also are there any Vallis, Sag or Anubias species from S. America at all?

Sagittaria definitely is on that continent -I have found references to S.
latifolia, S. lancifolia, S. guyanensis and S. montevidensis. I could not
find any references to Vallisnaeria, though, and Anubias is an Asian genus.

I located the references by searching on Google, using as keywords "Brazil"
and the name of the genus.

Kenneth Quinn

Unfortunately it seems to be one of the few types of plants that I can't get hold of any species of (from the Amazon) from my mail-order plant company. I learned everything I know (not that that's a lot) from the Internet, and wouldn't even be able to contemplate a tank without it. I don't even ever go to the LFS, I just read this mailing list, which is fantastic. I'd just like to say Thanks to everyone! :-) Especially I'm going to need more advice soon...

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.