Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:18:10 -0800
From: Wright Huntley <whuntley at verizon_net>
Subject: [APD] Re: Glass cleaner
To: Aquatic Plants Digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

> Message: 12
> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:48:13 +0530
> From: "drajitathale" <drajitathale at hclinfinet_com>
> Subject: [APD] Glass cleaner
> To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
> Cc: a-s-k at yahoogroups_com
>
> What is the best solution to remove mineral deposits on the inside of the
> aquarium glass ?
>
> Ajit
> India.

If not too hardened, I have found that vinegar works fairly well. Soak
it to soften, then gently scrape with a razor blade if it doesn't all
dissolve.

Pool acid (3 molar hydrochloric) is hazardous but more efficient. Here
we have a product called "CLR" that works pretty well, too.
[CLR=Calcium,Lime,Rust] Burns skin and eyes, so great care is needed
when using it.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley -- 760 872-3995 -- Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514

"If people are basically evil, the last thing you'd want is a big
government staffed by those evil folks exercising control over you."
   -- David Bergland