[APD] Re: Glass cleaner

Message: 12
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:48:13 +0530
From: "drajitathale" <drajitathale at hclinfinet_com>
Subject: [APD] Glass cleaner
To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Cc: a-s-k at yahoogroups_com

What is the best solution to remove mineral deposits on the inside of the
aquarium glass  ?

Ajit
India.

If not too hardened, I have found that vinegar works fairly well. Soak it to soften, then gently scrape with a razor blade if it doesn't all dissolve.

Pool acid (3 molar hydrochloric) is hazardous but more efficient. Here we have a product called "CLR" that works pretty well, too. [CLR=Calcium,Lime,Rust] Burns skin and eyes, so great care is needed when using it.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley -- 760 872-3995 -- Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514

"If people are basically evil, the last thing you'd want is a big
government staffed by those evil folks exercising control over you."
  -- David Bergland