[APD] Re: Triple PO4 and Apatite solubility

>From: "A.Kumar" <aar111 at yahoo_com>

>        I did some calculations on the fluorapatite (Ca5(PO4)3F)
solubility using my old textbooks.
>        After some more number crunching, I end up
>with a value of .02mg/L, or .02ppm phosphate.

Thats what I was hoping... a low number..., but as you say, it would
provide a constant supply. With such a low number there is less concern
about surface are to limit the amount of solute. Keeping it in the filter
would help.
 I found a phosphorite mining operation near me and plan to check it out.
And to get some data on impurities.

Can you see how numbers compare for Ca(H2PO4)2 which is the processed product.

Neil Frank