[APD] LED lighting --a wrench in the gears....

A couple things to consider. If you are looking for growth and not just lighting a tank (which I think we all want)...then just any ol red or blue won't cut it. Chlorophyll A and B both have absorbtion bands that are not easily matched with LEDs (or atleast the ones I can find). Also, you NEED blue for more than just growth. Blue is what the plant uses to in order to know what direction to grow.

http://www.biologie.uni-hamburg.de/b-online/ge24/03.jpg

..everything else is wasted as far as growth is concerned.

-_Tony