[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16

> Hi all,
> Does anyone know of an ich medication that is
> shrimp-safe (and plant-safe, of course!)? I have just
> a few cardinals with the dreaded white spots. So far I
> am going the UV route because I have Amanos in my
> tank, and don't want to harm them.
> Thanks,
> penny

I don't have an answer but I have some related info.

I use the heat + salt treatment for ich, and it works very well. Since I
started, I have only lost a couple of small fish in each outbreak. (not
like I have a lot of ich, this is just a couple times in a few years.)

However, I did manage to kill a beautiful bamboo shrimp... he couldn't
take the heat. When I noticed him getting listless, I removed him to a
bucket but it was too late. So be careful with your shrimp if you try the
heat treatment!

--
matt at wrongcrowd_com