[APD] Re:hair additive in the substrate

* From: Joey Choochootrain <hubbahubbahehe at yahoo_com>
i hope you guys are joking, what if some guy takes it seriously and actually starts adding hair to the substrate?

I am serious. What if, indeed? We will never find out if somebody doesn't try it. What could go wrong? I am quite sure that hair does not decompose rapidly enough to make the substrate unhealthy for plant roots. The only problem may be if it decomposes so slowly that it provides too little nitrogen to make much difference.

I am not interested in trying to keep nitrogen available in the substrate but absent in the water column, but somebody who is, ought to try it!

--
Paul Krombholz in rainy central Mississippi