[APD] RE: Good substrate sources for NH4

I know this has been discussed before, but would
Zeolite make a good substrate for plants? I think you
can charge it up in an ammonia solution, or if you
have enough fish and some sort of substrate water
movement (UGF, cables, etc.), then you could just add
it directly.
On a side note, I am now utilizing the Barr method of
dosing phosphate in the water column. I saw an
improvement in glossostigma pretty quickly. Up until
now, I was keeping phosphates close to zero. Also,
there has been little to no effect on algae (which is
great).
AK