[APD] Re: Vortex HELP! -- No Fan!?

I have the XL model that was purchased a little over two years ago. It's *clearly* marked with Magnatek, model JA1M087N# LR33094, 3000 RPM, 1/45 HP, A.O.

Under the diverter hat that you mention, there is a sealed unit with many square holes at the top of it. The fan can clearly be seen. It doesn't appear that the screws which hold the hat on are anything more than a place to secure the diverter hat.

My XL gets warm, but never hot in the way that the poster describes. As others have mentioned, mine has run for a day or so at a time.

Susan