Re: [APD] Re:method/substrate/water column dosing

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 07:15:13 -0800 (PST), S. Hieber <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:

Few people post about methods on APD. Many folks post with
questions and and many with answers to those questions. But
few actually post about methods.

In the last few years, Tom has posted more about methods
and about more methods than anyone else.

So I don't understand why long time APDers are commenting
on Tom's recent posts as if he preached a single gospel.

Scott H.

===== S. Hieber

Is it really a method anyway, or is it a theory, which explains why some methods work and others do not, and thus allows us to come up with more methods?
Tom Barr's Theory of Ferts.
Hey, I've just come up with the title for the (we would all like to be impending) book!

One other thing - 50% water changes can take much longer than 25% water changes if you use buckets and don't have enough (if you take 2 hours to warm say 25 gallons of water to the right temperature, then it's going to take all day to do it twice). But using this new cunning theory, somebody could find a method that needs less water changes - or more likely identifies an existing method that works and explains why. But that's just me cowering from the price of Python's - over £27 for a 25ft one!

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk