Re: [APD] Re: Vortex HELP

But that sounds like it's about 50/50. I think the failure
rate is pretty low. They make them the same way they did
decades ago. It's a tried and true design although
certainly not a modern one -- If one wants modern, get a
System One -- that's only a5 year old technology for
diatoms.  A couple of small changes here and there to the
Vortexes, diff motors, but the basic design is the same.
And that's why some folks hate it -- too finicky about some
things, too much hassle dealing with the tubing and
charging.

The filter seals the same way a mayonaise jar or mason jar
does -- nothing fancy about it -- just a gasket that fits
between the lid and the jar rim. Sorry that your's didn't
seal. I've had several -- own two right know. Mine are more
like the bulk of the run - they work great and they don't
complain.  The System One is a better choice if you don't
like fiddling around with tubes and charging. that's a real
get-in/get-out filter.

Scott H.
--- Dave Gomberg <dave1 at wcf_com> wrote:

> Scott, mine seemed to be defective right out of the box
> (would not seal
> down on the 1 gallon jar without either leaking
> (non-extreme fit) or
> breaking the jar (really energetic tightening)).  When I
> complained to
> Vortex they told me to go away.  So I bounced the charge.
>  Some folks have
> Vortex that work, some don't.

=====
S. Hieber