[APD] new directions or the final frontier

I've been participating in a discussion about new v old ideas about fertilization on the aquabotanic boards and it got me to thinking. Any cursory look through through the archives of the APD and you will see a lot of posts about plant species. Sure most were about species X won't grow and the advice seemed to consist of "I find a pinch of mandrake root, undergravel heating cables and dancing around the mistle-toe naked once a month essential to grow this plant." but it lead to many interesting discussions of said cables, substrates, CO2 water additives and parameters. These days most of the regulars have growing plants nailed and if Tom is right and (heaven forefend) he writes that book any monkey with a bag of flourite, a bottle of CO2, a box of ferts and decent lights will be able to grow anything.

Question is what will happen then? Will the list turn into endless recommendations for valves, light bulbs and hood designs. Personally I'd rather pull out my fingernails for fun. Certainly this new stuff about marine plants is exciting but that can't be the only thing on the horizon. Would it be too much to hope that we will once again become interested in the weeds that fill up the space between our equipment. Maybe now that we can grow them we might start to take a closer look at them. Where are they from? How do they reproduce? What other ones are there and can we go out and collect them? Basically the kind of stuff fish people talk about now that they know how to keep them alive.

What do you think?