[APD] Re: Clippards

(snip)
  a.. To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
  b.. Subject: [APD] Clippards
  c.. From: Dave Gomberg <dave1 at wcf_com>
  d.. Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:10:58 -0800
  e.. In-reply-to: <200312180146_hBI1iuVd012245 at mongoose.actwin.com>
  f.. List-help: <mailto:aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com?subject=help>
  g.. List-id: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants.actwin.com>
  h.. List-post: <mailto:aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
  i.. List-subscribe:
plants-request at actwin_com?subject=subscribe>
  j.. List-unsubscribe:
<mailto:aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com?subject=unsubscribe>
  k.. References: <200312180146_hBI1iuVd012245 at mongoose.actwin.com>

----

At 05:46 PM 12/17/2003, Tom and Chuck? wrote:
> I've used Clippards for close to a decade, more than most folks, I have
not
> found _any_ issues with them.
  Ditto. No problems what so ever.

OK, I am always open-minded. The Clippards I bought were junk. Which model
is it that you guys think is so good????
(snip)

Dave,
The Clippard needle valves I have are the Model MNV-4K2. Go to
www.clippard.com,  click on Online Catalog, click on air fittings under
Current Product Categories, click on Needle Valves, then on the 4 series.
Each of the 4 series needle valves has either a barb or female threaded
outlet or port. The MNV-4K2 needle valves have a 1/8" barbed port.

These are not necessarily the"best" needle valves on the market. They came
with the regulator/solenoid combos I use. But once set they don't change,
and small adjustments in the flow are easy to do. They even come with a
locknut (see the pic) to keep your setting from changing, and they don't
leak. They use o-rings for seals.

Dave