[APD] Re: CO2 Needle Valve

At 06:42 AM 12/15/2003, Scott Hieber suggested:

The cClippard is pretty good. You can find ti for a little
as about $15 but more often for abut $18-$20.

The Clippards I have seen are minimalist and not suitable for sonic operation (which is the main value of a needle valve).

  The
Swagelock BMG-2 handles nicer, imo, but costs about twice
as much.

The Swageloks are good, but pretty pricey and not set up for our use (with hose). They are set up for use with compression fittings and Swagelok proprietary fittings.

The Swagelock B-SS2 is even nicer, and allows very
fine control but costs a small fortune is only for those
that don't care what stuff costs.

And there are nicer ones yet, like the Hoke which costs over $100.

Now back at the ranch, I have a very nice brass one (American made) which costs $27 postpaid and which will outperform all but the better Swageloks and Hokes and is set up for standard airline hose (or its CO2 resistant cousins).

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco NE5EE gomberg1 at wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron for low cost CO2 systems that work!