[APD] Re: abbreviations ???

De Anna wrote:

> Hi all,   Newbie here.  Been reading your emails but got to say i
> can't understand all the abbreviations.  Is there a list somewhere
> that will tell me what they mean????
>
> I'm just a housewife in Wis. USA.  Getting ready to set up a 90gal.
> planted tank. Could sure use some help.  Right now having trouble with
> what Substrate to use.
>
> Been told Eco-Complete is the best but can't seem to find it,  Does
> anyone know what it cost and were to purchase it.??

Hi De Anna,

Here's a link to a post I made a while back listing some of the more
common acronyms and chemical shorthand:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200302/msg00094.html

As for substrate, my favorite by far is Seachem's Fluorite, but I
haven't tried Eco-Complete.  I think Scott H. was doing a comparison
test with it at one time.  Perhaps he can be persuaded to offer his
opinion (I'm calling you out, Scott! ;) ).
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee