[APD] Heated Water

Is adding hot water straight out of the tap good for the aquarium? I've always heard that one shouldn't drink water hot from the tap because it has probably stripped metals and stuff out of the water heater/pipes. Does hot water dilute copper faster, possibly raising copper levels enough to hurt/kill inverts?

'Cause if it's not bad for the aquarium, then I'm gonna start using hot tap water as opposed to what I've been doing (drawing cold water then heating it up in jugs w/ water heaters).

~Reggie