Re: [APD] Barr Question: Dry Trace Mix vs. Liquid -- Talking to myself

Glenn Attwood was accused of saying...

> Matt Jarsky was accused of saying...
<snip>
>> How much water should I mix with my powder to get a liquid trace mix of
>> the concentration Tom uses in his dose recommendations?
>
> I have the same mix, and found the following helpful:
> http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/dosing.html

I figured out the formula, this is based on making sure that one on the
trace elements is correct (I would guess Fe most of the time) and letting
the rest sort thems selves out.

x = ((z/1000)y)/c

where: x is # of grams of mix, z is your tank size in litres, y is the
target ppm, and c is the concentration as percent.

So for me to get .5ppm Fe in the 270 litres (75g tank is really 72g) from
7% Fe in the mix:

x = ((270/1000).05)/0.07
x = 1.9g (which acording the Chuck Gadd's webpage is 1/3 teaspoon)

If you think that this is incorrect, let me know.

p.s. Is there any interest in a perl/tk version of Chuck's calculator for
non windows types?
--
Glenn Attwood
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because