[APD] RE: RE: Optimum nutrient levels

Thank you Tom for the advice :)

I forgot to tell some of the important things, like the water changes... I
change 50-70% once in a week. I add PMDD continuously with the thingy they
use in hospitals. The thin hose is connected to the bottom of a bucket (its
about 5 liters) that hangs from the ceiling. So, I add few liters of water
and the weeks dosage to the bucket and then I adjust the frequency of the
drops and I don't have to worry about it for a week. Here is a picture of
it:
http://www.aqua-web.org/users/satuj/tippa.jpg

I think it is a good way to avoid excess of nutrients in the water column.
But still I need to add PMDD after the water change, of course.

--

> 2-3 x a week dosing will do it for most CO2 plant
> tanks. Higher light? =>
> increase the frequency of dosing.
> Less light => decrease the dosing.

Higher light -> more problems, more oxygen bubbles ;)

With the 1W/litre I got my Cardamine lyrata to grow strange leaves. They had
two small "pre-leaves" and after them was the actual leaf. I didn't have a
camera then, so I just had to draw what I saw (I could have dried the leaves
between books or something, but didn't think of it then).
http://www.aqua-web.org/users/satuj/cardamine.jpg

BTW, for example Diana Walstad talks about soil. Does it mean the soil you
use to pot ordinary house plants? Or something totally different?

-Satu Jäske
Finland
http://www.aqua-web.org/users/satuj/