[APD] RE: bio ball alternative

Another possibility would be to use a smaller size of PVC pipe, cut up into smaller lengths (About 1" or less) and then put into a larger (2") CO2 reactor. Turn them all different ways and they will serve the same purpose, breaking up bubbles and causing turbulence in the water.

Some pet stores will sell bio-balls in smaller quantities for cheap. I got a gallon or so of used ones from a pet store. Soak them in some hot water w/ a bit of clorox and it will kill any beasties (plus, they were from the SW tank system).

Chris

Probably this question has been asked may times before but is there anything that can be used instead of bio balls in a CO2 reactor. Big Al's sells bio balls by the gallon but I only need 5. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards,
Dale