RE: [APD] Re: CO2 reactor questions

-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com]On Behalf Of David Grim
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 10:15 AM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Re: CO2 reactor questions

In my experience, an internal or external CO2 reactor is more efficient than
using a cannister filter, but I use both. I curriently use two Eheim 2217s
and an Aqua-Medic 1000 for CO2 injection on three tanks.

Eheims are the only cannisters I have used that will do a decent job as
reactors without getting air lock. Fluval MSF filters can't take CO2
injection.
<snip>

I have used the intake of my Fluval 404 for about a year now with no
difficulty at all. A bit of purging every now and again, more so if I have
not cleaned the media for awhile however I service my filter once a month so
it's not a problem for me. I keep my 77g tank between 6.6 - 6.8 (lights
on/off) with a bubble rate of less than one a second. Couldn't really ask
for much more.

Rick