RE: [APD] Re:CO2 Reactor Questions -- or - I'm Leaning towards onedesign

Maybe I'm missing something or maybe the drawing simply
doesn't do justice to  the comlexities of your device. In
this drawing, it looks precisely like a conventional
reactor except you're going up the down staircase. Thus the
tilt to reduce bubble escape.

Of course, if the inflow was at the top and the outflow at
the bottom, you wouldn't have to tilt it to trap bubbles.

If Tom's army of legal flunkeys see this, you won't make it
through the first hearing.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying that tilting is a bad
thing. I've done it with lots of things and it often comes
in very handy. Tilting is rarely expensive and often
effective. Just yesterday I leaned a snow shovel against
the garage and it instantly adopted a storage mode, which
it maintained until late in the evening when the wind
overcame it (I mean overcame the shovel, the garage is
still doing fine). ;-)

Scott H.
--- "LeDeaux, David" <David_LeDeaux at tripointglobal.com>
wrote:
> This brings up a question I have regarding 100%
> absorption, or how do you
> know if you've built an efficient reactor.  Is it simply
> because you see
> none of the CO2 escaping the outlet of your
> powerhead/filter/sump?
>
> I would say that my CO2 utilization easily experienced a
> 4 fold increase in
> efficiency.  I went from running 2 bubbles a second into
> my Fluval to
> running .5 bubbles a second into my external reactor.
>
> The reactor I built though doesn't really follow any of
> the conventions that
> are discussed here.  If this ascii drawing comes across
> ... It looks
> something like this in design and methodology:
>

>       /\
>      /  \/\
>      \/\/oo\ Bubbles trapped here
> To     /    \
> Outlet \     \
>         \     \
>          \     \
>           \     \
>            \     \
>             \     \
>              \     \
>               \     \
>                \    /
>                /\  /\
>              CO2 \/\ \
>                     \/ From Filter
>

> I can only assume that I am getting 100% absorption since
> I see no bubble
> escaping anywhere.

=====
S. Hieber