[APD] Re: CO2 Reactor Questions

> Do you  need the airline connector or can you still have the CO2
> go into
> the intake of the canister in the tank? By having the airline on
> the
> reactor are you just taking a tube out of the tank for appearances
> or is
> there another purpose for the location on the reactor.
> Thanks for your comments.
> Dale

Yep, if it's on the intake, you don't need the airline connector, just feed it into the intake as before, that's what I do with mine. Of course if you put it on the output side, then the airline connector becomes a necessity.

One thing I've noticed with my reactor on the input side is late in the day when the water is saturated with oxygen, oxygen comes out of solution inside the reactor (due to lower pressure and/or turbulence?) and it makes a water trickling kind of noise (kinda hard to explain). It's not too bad, but I just wonder if putting it on the output would reduce this effect (due to slightly higher pressure = higher gas solubility)?? Does anyone else running their reactors on the input or output notice this "running water" sound?

Clint Brearley
Melbourne, Australia