Re: [APD] Re: co2 kit - beginner question

Wandy,

Personally, the smell of DIY yeast CO2 wasn't much of a reason to change to
a more complex setup.  The smell is only evident when rinsing the 2 liter
bottles, really, and that goes quickly down the drain!  However, starting
with a pressurized CO2 system is great for more reasons.  The maintinance on
such a system is far, far lower then what it would be on DIY yeast.  I would
have to change out bottles each week (I ran 4 at once to cover my 90g),
rotation.  After a while of doing this it really just gets old.  The
pressurized system, man, I'm so happy to have it now.  There's a constant
rate of CO2, it's easy to fill, and it lasts FOREVER! (well, in comparison
of course ;-)  Of course, people suggest (and I agree) that starting wtih
DIY can be good to determine for yourself if CO2 is what you want, I think
enough evidence stands already it does have it's benefits, but dangers, too!

When I switched over I bought a complete M3 system from (go figure, M3)
www.marine-monsters.com.  They have everything you'd need right on this
page: http://www.marine-monsters.com/front/products/co2_regulator.html

Shipping can be a little expensive because of the weight of each component.
I think ground still cost me $30 or $40 iirc.  I'm sure others will have
suggestions where you can go.

Good Luck!
-Dave