Re: [APD] RE: QED - Quantum Electrodynamics and Bounces in the Dark

Hmmm. Interesting. But the light bouncing off the glass has
been traveling through water and into and back out of the
glass (at least per Feynman's description in _QED - The
Strange Theory of Light and Matter_. At least some of them
photons gotta be traded for lower freq, less useful ones.

If I build a tank tall enough I will only need 1 WPG? ;-)
Just kidding. I've already said, if that's how it measures,
then that's how it measures. I'll take empiricism over
rationalism any day -- that, possibly, being a matter of
taste, too.

Scott H.

--- Jim Seidman <js5 at seidman_net> wrote:

> This means that near the surface, a luxmeter would only
> get light directly from
> the bulb. Lower down, you would get light both directly
> from the bulb and
> reflected off of the glass.
>
> This would have much more of an impact near the sides of
> the tank than directly
> in the middle, though.

=====
S. Hieber