[APD] RE: glowfish banned in california - this sucks

Christopher Hind wrote:

>I have no problems with anything genetically
>engineered. This is ridiculous.

>http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/12/04/fluorescent.fish.ap/index.html

>By the way, I'm not up on my coral physiology but are
>there cross-bred species of coral? Are there some
>species close enough that they cross and create new
>varieties? has anyone tried making hybrids?

You might not have a problem with it, but those interested in caring for our
planet do. I support the ban, and I don't even live in the USA. But then I
also think that deformed goldfish should be banned as well.

As for corals, although they have spawned in aquariums I haven't heard
anything about any being raised, let alone hybrids.

Is the wonderful diversity of the natural world not enough for you?

Graham