Re: [APD] RE: marine planted tank

actually its coral bleaching from increased global
temperatures and a fungus blowing off the deserts of
africa that is drifting into the waters of the
caribbean and destroying all the sea fans. the
question is should the coral be able to survive these
increased temperatures or is there some pollutant in
the ocean making them extra susceptable to it?

the live rock/live sand thing is solved, you can make
your own live rock or live sand by getting rocks and
seeding them for a few months. live sand is easy, just
get a little sand with some critters in it and stir it
into a whole ton of dead sand and in a few months,
boom, live sand.

if anything saltwater tanks are saving coral species.
there are even hobbyist movements underway to
propagate corals to reintroduce into their native
habitats where they have died off for the most part
due to bleaching.