[APD] Re: PH and CO2 Questions

pH down - don't use it. Adding another acid to the aquarium will have no effect on the amount of CO2. The only thing you can do to help is add more CO2 and ensure that it dissolves efficiently using a good reactor.

How big is your tank? Your DIY CO2 seems to be making little difference to the pH level. At a KH of around 4, you really want your pH down around 6.6-6.8 (20-30ppm CO2) and to achieve that you'll either need a bigger CO2 generator (or more smaller ones) or even better, a compressed CO2 system.

Clint Brearley
Melbourne, Australia