[APD] Re: pH/CO2

"Using PH and KH chart my CO2 is approx. 5ppm. From the charts I would
have to get a PH of 7.0 to get 12ppm.
I have some PH Down by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals.

1. Is there any problems using this product?"

Yes, it's not what the plants want, eg CO2.
If it's not CO2, Excel etc .....__don't__ add it.
Need more CO2? Add more CO2.
Plants are not after a certain pH, they are after CO2.

"2. If I  lower the PH to 7.0, (is this low enough), will it stay around
7.0 until the next water change or will it vary up or down (other than
the morning and evening readings)?"

If you have a decent reactor, CO2 flow rate and mixing in the tank, this variation is greatly re4duced.

"3. With a 50% weekly water change using PH 7.4 tap water, will the
resulting tank PH be 7.2 requiring only a 0.2 PH adjustment to get back
to 7.0?"

Don't worry about anything about pH unless it relates to CO2 and adding more CO2 to get th etarget pH for a good CO2 reading, don't mokey with any other pH manipulation, need more CO2, add more CO2 then.

This is what the plant wants.

"Thanks for your advice.
Dale"

Regards,