[APD] PH and CO2 Questions

I am going to try the "Barr Method" and have all the nutrients in place. Howerver, my CO2 (DIY) appears to be my limiting factor.
GH = 110 mg/l
KH = 70 mg/l
PH = 7.4-7.5 (City water analysis - test kit also measures 7.4)

Using PH and KH chart my CO2 is approx. 5ppm. From the charts I would have to get a PH of 7.0 to get 12ppm.
I have some PH Down by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals.

1. Is there any problems using this product?
2. If I lower the PH to 7.0, (is this low enough), will it stay around 7.0 until the next water change or will it vary up or down (other than the morning and evening readings)?
3. With a 50% weekly water change using PH 7.4 tap water, will the resulting tank PH be 7.2 requiring only a 0.2 PH adjustment to get back to 7.0?

Thanks for your advice.
Dale