[APD] Re: Now adding KNO3, should I still supplement K liquid?

<snip>
> adding a liquid K supplement, but was wondering if the K part of
> the KNO3
> would be enough to meet the needs of the plants, if it is usable
> by the plants,
<snip>

Dave, for every 10ppm of nitrate you add as KNO3, you are also adding 6.4ppm of potassium, but this is probably not enough. I think it is best to add additional potassium as K2SO4 (sulphate of potash). You need to add 1/4 tsp of K2SO4 to 10gal to get about 20ppm of potassium. I just add this to change water.

Clint Brearley
Melbourne, Australia

BTW - I've just put up some really bad pics of my tank on my personal website plus lots of nerdy calculations about fertiliser dosing so I thought I'd give it a plug :). http://home.iprimus.com.au/clintbrearley