[APD] Now adding KNO3, should I still supplement K liquid?

Hi everyone,

I was adding a liquid Nitrogen supplement to my 240 gallon tank, but after
realizing that using powdered KNO3 instead is tons cheaper I am doing so. I was
adding a liquid K supplement, but was wondering if the K part of the KNO3
would be enough to meet the needs of the plants, if it is usable by the plants,
which I don't have a clue if it is.

I don't want to spend money on unnecessary supplements. I do not test for K,
but do use a LaMotte N test kit.

Opinions?

Thanks for any help.

Dave