Re: [APD] RE: Power Compact Lighting in the UK (and a littleHemianthus!)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:06:41 -0000, Beek, Graham <Graham_Beek at ds-s.com> wrote:

I found power compacts at Animal-House, but when I looked noticed
they were ASL as well, maybe it's the same supply as you found Andrew.
I couldn't see any specific power compact starters, just the T5
starters. Are they the same? (cut)

I did'nt find an ASL home page (unless they are American Scientific Lighting, who don't seem to have a UK page). I only saw them at aquatics online (http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/acatalog/ASL_Compact_T5_Lighting_Systems.html) so I assume they are. They do come with:

Built in starter/choke units
Fittings for 2 or 4 compact tubes depending on model
Separate switches for each tube
1.5 metre mains lead with UK standard 3-pin plug
Splash protection light tube cover
Built in reflector

for the aluminium overtank lights, and

Built in reflectors
Compact electronic ballast (240 x 110 x 70mm) with switch for each tube
Easy fit into existing hoods
Mains lead with UK standard 3-pin plug : 1.8 metres
Plug in lamp lead for each tube : 2.5 metres

for the in-hood kits, which are 7" wide.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk