[APD] RE: Power Compact Lighting in the UK (and a littleHemianthus!)

I found power compacts at Animal-House, but when I looked noticed they were
ASL as well, maybe it's the same supply as you found Andrew. I couldn't see
any specific power compact starters, just the T5 starters. Are they the
same?

I considered going for T5 with my new setup (maybe I should have - my
Hemianthus would probably have survived!), but decided the price was too
high. Hopefully, as they become more popular the price will drop - they are
quite new still (over here anyway).

Thanks all of you for the help on my Hemianthus. I'm going to change my
AquaGlo tube (not my choice - came with the setup) for an Interpet Daylight
Plus and add decent reflectors. I was quite pleased with the Daylight Plus
on my 36" tank, really brought the red out on my Hygro. Polysperma. It's
still a T8, but it's got 4 phosphor coating and supposed to be higher
intensity. I'm going to try the Hemianthus again (floating for a bit I
think) and if still no luck, I'll get another ballast and add the AquaGlo
back.

Graham