[APD] 24 volt transformer for BIY substrate heater

To those DIY gurus out there. I have an Azoo 300 watt substrate cable heater and would like to use a 24 volt transformer to heat it. I
found that the local electrical outlet have a 24 volt transformer that puts
out 40 amps (used in furnaces). So that will give out 960 watts, right ?
Will that be suitable for my 300 watt cable ? I also plan to use a 500 watt
azoo heater controller for the cable. OTOH, I have not found out if both
the primary and secondary coils are physically separated in this
transformer. If it is and if you think that it is suitable, I think this
will be a viable project. Thanks for your time and any inputs will be
greatly appreciated.