[APD] Re: A note on cold climes

So do you guys leave your heaters/airconditioners running 24/7? I'm not home for most of the day, so in winter I don't bother turning on the heater until I get home. So most of the day the temperature in the house might be around 8-12C. I also turn off the heater before going to bed so night time temperatures would be low also. Just my 2 cents.

BTW - I have never used and don't plan on using substrate heating cables. A regular heater works for me (and yes, the bottom of the tank is insulated).

Clint Brearley
Melbourne, Australia