[APD] Re: Heavy bioload is tough on a plant tank!

Dave Millman wrote,

"We often read that a heavy bioload is tough on a plant tank. Here's one example of why that's true." Then he goes on to talk about how, with a large bioload, he struggled with persistant blue-green algae. But when he took the fry out, the blue -green algae disappeared on its own, and the plants started to grow. He says, "The only change I made was to increase added KNO3 to keep the level at 5-10 ppm"

This made me wonder, what was the NO3 level while the fry were in there? Is it possible that the problem was not excess nutrients caused by heavy bioload, but rather nutrient limitation caused by a lack of N?

-rs