[APD] Re: What is Low Tech by Today's Standards?

I think the difference between low tech and high tech is the amount of energy
that the tank needs for setup and maintenance.  In this context, "energy"
includes electricity, money, and person hours.

The lowest energy tank that I can think of would be one sitting near a window
with a certain amount of sunlight, gravel substrate, and some fish to supply
nutrients.  Maybe a heater in colder climates, but no other hardware.
Techiness would go up from there.

To permit comparisons all of those "inputs" could be converted to money and
projected over the expected life of the setup.  That would be one way to settle
the issue, it there is one.

Bill