[APD] Vigorous aeration and NH3

I know this is off-topic, but there seem to be a number of chemistry experts on this list. Since NH3 is a gas, wouldn't vigorous aeration remove it? I do not know, however, if this would have a noticeable effect, as I am under the impression that NH3 is the most soluble gas in existence. Obviously for lower pH, where most ammonia is dissolved as NH4+, this wouldn't have a lot of impact.
Now, a plant question:
In a plant tank not enriched with CO2 by any means except fish, what is ratio of the CO2 produced by the fish to that used by the plants? In other words, is a (unaerated) tank absorbing atmospheric CO2 for plant growth, or losing it from fish loss (in an average plant tank). If it was losing CO2, then would aeration pump more CO2 into the tank from the 0.03% in the atmosphere?
I am one day going to start a community tank with only a few plants and fish, as my tank only holds ~ 80 litres (20 gallons?, it is 36"x12"x15") which will not be my main tank. I have a one 30W Interpet Triton, a Fluval 3 Plus (I like them, even if they do take up a huge corner of the tank), a few overpowered cheap heaters, and some plastic plants. I also have a 25W substrate heating coil, obscurely, that I got of Ebay before I even had the tank, but will not be using that for this tank. My aim is reasonable health and survival, not spectacular growth, or in fact any growth. Low-light plants for me. I want S. American fish (cardinals, otos and maybe a bristlenose), but chances are the project will take 6 months just for me to get the tank set up, so I am not in need of any advice just yet.

Oh no, I have just realised I have used the dreaded words in a post - substrate heating!
Please ignore as an obvious oversight.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish +[at]+ theabyssalplain (here is a dot) freeserve.co.uk