RE: [APD] Aquascape layouts / AGA Convention videos

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, S. Hieber wrote:

> http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/convention.html
>
> Also at AGA is a video tape that covers the 2000 and 2001
> AGA conventions -- therein is a really good presentation on
> the Dutch style of aquascaping (rules, rules and more
> rules) plus a full recording of Amano actually setting up
> an aquarium and discussing the what and why as he does so.

Thanks Scott; I was going to mention this -- it seems that there just
isn't a lot of material out there on Dutch style (at least in the US), so
I was quite pleased when I heard this talk at the 2001 convention
(presented by Wim van Drongelen).  Like the other presentations that year,
it was dwarfed by the presence of Amano, but I considered it a real gem,
and learned a heck of a lot from it.  The styles have some surprising
commonality in places.

FYI, the 2002 convention is also available.  Not as much on aquascaping as
2001, but does have Jeff Senske (aquascape contest awards sweeper
extraoirdinaire) talking about some of his work.

The 2003 convention promises to have a lot of good aquascape material
between the focus groups and Roger Miller's ROCK talk.

Disclaimer: I'm the one who shot the footage and actually puts the tapes
together for the AGA.  I think they're cool, which is why I pushed to make
them available.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson